Bible Study on Romans 5:1:11
As decided on our last Bible study, I would provide a few warm-up questions on the portion we hope to consider together in our next study. May the Lord bless these efforts to His glory and our enlightening of mind.
- What is the first fruit of being justified through genuine faith in Christ?
- How are we to describe this ‘peace?’ Are there other words in this portion or the rest of Scripture that describe this peace?
- What are the fruits of this peace as listed in the further verses of our study?
- What three things does Paul write Christians are to rejoice in? Which of these is to provide us the greatest joy?
- From what is every believer to trace his or her salvation?
- Using these verses, how would you define God’s love to His sinful people?
- Jesus’ death satisfied God’s wrath for His elect. Yet it appears in verse 9 that he speaks about ‘saved from wrath’ as something future. How are we to see this?